Animal Husbandry Sciences and Technologies
The master degree programme in Animal Husbandry Sciences and Technologies trains professionals equipped with solid scientific, technological and practical training in animal breeding, also in relation to wildlife the related interactions with the territory, animal feeding and nutrition, and the industry connected with the processing of products of animal origin.
Graduates are qualified to assume professional roles with full autonomy and responsibility, both nationally and internationally.
Graduates from the master degree programme in Animal Husbandry can pursue careers in the following professions, in which they are qualified to assume design-related, executive, managerial and consultancy roles:
- quality control for breeding processes of a zootechnical and amateur nature;
- agrozootechnical and food and agriculture companies;
- planning, assistance and assessment procedures in related industries, such as the fodder sector, zootechnical facility engineering, and the processing of products of animal origin;
- the zootechnical evaluation and welfare management of the animals bred;
- professional occupations in the field of genetic improvement and selection;
- research and development in the agro-zootechnical industry;
- economic and evaluative procedures in the zootechnical, agricultural and food and wildlife sectors;
- the conservation, management and breeding of wild species;
- the management of nature parks, zoos and recovery facilities for wild animals;
- the management of renewable energy production systems at the company level;
- the management of food certification processes;
- protection consortia;
- the supply of products of animal origin for processing companies and large-scale retail;
- analysis laboratories for foods with zootechnical uses, as well as both primary and processed animal husbandry;
- primary and processed animal husbandry, and the related commercialisation and marketing processes;
- technical assistance in developing countries;
- public and private authorities in the sector;
- scientific research, teaching and publishing;
- technical and scientific pharmaceutical information;
- the evaluation and control of environmental security.
Application and admission: Open with entry requirements examination.
Students must have level B2 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B2 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
The Erasmus+ mobility programme is provided under bilateral agreements with partner universities. Students can attend one of the partner universities to carry out educational activities replacing part of their study plan. These activities include following courses and taking the relevant exams at the foreign university to acquire credits recognized by the degree programme.
Under the Erasmus+ traineeship programme, students can carry out a traineeship abroad at universities, research centres, institutions and foreign laboratories, also for the preparation of their thesis.
Recommended, not mandatory
- Segreteria Didattica e Studenti
via dellUniversità, 6 Lodi
La segreteria è aperta al pubblico previo appuntamento tramite il il servizio infostudenti nei seguenti giorni: martedì e giovedì dalle 13 alle 15 mercoledì dalle 9 alle 12
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment