Applied Biology in Nutritional Sciences
· the basic chemical composition of food, bioavailability of the macro- and micro-nutrients, the energy content and the nutritional quality of foods, modification of food caused by technological and production processes and by environmental contamination;
· biochemistry and physiology of digestion and absorption and the metabolic processes;
· ecology of nutrition; trophic chains, food eco-toxicology and evaluation of the risk; OGM in the alimentary sector;
· alimentary ethology and pathological dysfunctions connected with the alimentation; microbiology, toxycology and hygiene of the foods;.
· legislation and norms, national and communitary, relative to the alimentary politics, to the hygiene and to the control of the foods, to the nutritional overseeing for populations, to the risk of exposure to contaminating agents in the animal and human diets.
In order to be admitted to the programme, candidates must meet minimum curricular requirements and prove adequate knowledge (Ministerial Decree 270/04).
Graduates in Biological Sciences (Class L-13) fully meeting curricular requirements can access the Master's Degree Programme in APPLIED BIOLOGY IN NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES, provided that their course of studies is consistent with the CBUI Italian National Board's guidelines, as duly certified. These guidelines, provided in the CBUI model table, specify the required academic fields and the respective recommended credits (CFU): 66-96 CFU in basic biological disciplines (BIO/01, BIO/02, BIO/04, BIO/05, BIO/06, BIO/07, BIO/09, BIO/10, BIO/11, BIO/18, BIO/19); 12-15 CFU in basic non-biological chemical disciplines (CHIM/01, CHIM/02, CHIM/03, CHIM/06); 15-18 CFU in basic non-biological mathematical, physical and computer science disciplines (MAT/01-09, FIS/01-08 and INF/01).
The programme can also be accessed by graduates of the same class (L-13), who have not followed a course of studies in line with the CBUI's guidelines, or of class L-12 - Biological Sciences pursuant to Ministerial Decree 509/99, or of other classes, as long as they meet certain curricular requirements. More specifically, they must have earned an adequate number of CFU (normally not less than 93 CFU) in groups of academic fields equivalent or similar to those listed in the table for class L-13 - Biological Sciences across non-biological and basic biological disciplines, according to a quantitative logic similar to that of the above mentioned CBUI criteria.
In order to meet CFU requirements, you can sit for the relevant exams at our or other universities before enrolling in the MDP.
For information on unmet curricular requirements, please send your curriculum for assessment to the MDP Coordinator, or to email@example.com well in advance (even during the Bachelor's degree programme), so that you can take the necessary exams in time.
For all categories of candidates, adequate knowledge and personal skills will be key for admission and will be assessed by a written test and possibly an individual interview.
Sede dei Corsi: Edifici Biologici (via Celoria, 26); Settore Didattico Celoria (via Celoria, 20); Settore Didattico Golgi (via Golgi, 19); Centro Universitario (via Valvassori Peroni, 21).
- Presidenza e Ufficio didattica
via Celoria, 26 - Milano (2° piano, torre A).
A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è momentaneamente attivo solo lo sportello telematico (via e-mail).
- Segreteria Studenti
via Celoria, 18 - Milano
- Information Center: per matricole
via Celoria, 26 - Milano (2° piano, torre A).
A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è momentaneamente attivo solo lo sportello telematico (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Immatricolazioni ed ammissioni
- Representative for disability services and specific learning disabilities (appointed by the Academic Board):
Dr.ssa Diletta Dolfini
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment