Biology Applied to Research in Biomedicine
The new M.Sc. in BARB proposes the basic flexible scheme applied previously and introduces some substantial new features that allow a better characterization of the biomedical aspects of the M.Sc. programme and a better identification of the professional figure of the biomedical scientist and its role in all aspects of basic/applied research activities.
Specific educational aims are:
1) to provide students with the basic notions of biological processes underlying the physiology of organs and systems, their pathological dysfunctions and their modulation by pharmacological and other interventions, specifically in man.
2) to teach students how to apply theoretical notions to applications of biomedical interest for humans and in relation to the interaction with the environment;
3) to provide tools for understanding and practicing theoretical knowledge in the lab;
4) to foster the most updated knowledge in the biomedical field by use of specific teaching modules whose content will be continuously refreshed.
The M.Sc. in BARB strengthens an essential, culturally basic branch of Biology in which the Coordinating Board for teaching activities in Biology has full competence, both in terms of teaching tradition and established research expertise. The M.Sc. programme aims to provide advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in the continuously growing areas of biology applied to biomedical research, and make students able to propose and to act with the purpose of further advancing their knowledge and practical experience. From this perspective students will be addressed to a specific teaching project whose target is to strengthen the attitude to develop new ideas and new tools in the most advanced aspects of biomedical research.
In order to be admitted to the programme, candidates must meet minimum curricular requirements and prove adequate knowledge (Ministerial Decree 270/04).
Graduates in Biological Sciences (Class L-13) fully meeting curricular requirements can access the Master's Degree Programme in BIOLOGY APPLIED TO RESEARCH IN BIOMEDICINE, provided that their course of studies is consistent with the CBUI Italian National Board's guidelines, as duly certified.
These guidelines, provided in the CBUI model table, specify the required academic fields and the respective recommended credits (CFU): 66-96 CFU in basic biological disciplines (BIO/01, BIO/02, BIO/04, BIO/05, BIO/06, BIO/07, BIO/09, BIO/10, BIO/11, BIO/18, BIO/19); 12-15 CFU in basic non-biological chemical disciplines (CHIM/01, CHIM/02, CHIM/03, CHIM/06); 15-18 CFU in basic non-biological mathematical, physical and computer science disciplines (MAT/01-09, FIS/01-08 and INF/01).
The programme can also be accessed by graduates of the same class (L-13), who have not followed a course of studies in line with the CBUI's guidelines, or of class L-12 - Biological Sciences pursuant to Ministerial Decree 509/99, or of other classes, as long as they meet certain curricular requirements. More specifically, they must have earned an adequate number of CFU (normally not less than 93 CFU) in groups of academic fields equivalent or similar to those listed in the table for class L-13 - Biological Sciences across non-biological and basic biological disciplines, according to a quantitative logic similar to that of the above mentioned CBUI criteria.
For all categories of candidates, adequate knowledge and personal skills will be key for admission and will be assessed by a written test and possibly an individual interview.
Sede dei Corsi: Edifici Biologici (Via Celoria, 26); Settore Didattico (Via Celoria, 20); Edificio Golgi (Via Golgi, 19).
- Representative for disability services and specific learning disabilities (appointed by the Academic Board):
Dr.ssa Diletta Dolfini
- Email per informazioni sull'ammissione:
- Presidenza e Ufficio Didattica
via Celoria, 26 - 2° piano, torre A.
A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è momentaneamente attivo solo lo sportello telematico (via e-mail).
- Segreteria Studenti
Via Celoria, 18
- Information Center:
via Celoria, 26 - 2° piano, torre A.
A causa dell'emergenza sanitaria è momentaneamente attivo solo lo sportello telematico (email@example.com).
- Immatricolazioni ed ammissioni
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment