Geologists study the planet Earth and the processes that regulate its functioning and dynamics at variable levels and durations. The Earth is a dynamic planet, where the earth can tremble, volcanoes erupt, currents and tides modify the coasts, mountains are modeled by uplift and erosion, winds and rivers transport and redistribute sediments sometimes invading inhabited areas. Geology studies the causes and effects of the interactions between the geosphere, the atmosphere, the hydrosphere and the biosphere and the consequences that the effects of ongoing climate change may have on human-planet interaction.
The school of Earth Science is located in Milan, on via Mangiagalli 34.
- Rooms from 600 to 603 - Via Pascal, 36-38
- Rooms Parona, Stoppani, Taramelli, Chiesa, Di Napoli - via Mangiagalli 34
- Rooms via Cicognara 7
- Rooms A geo via Botticelli, 23
- Rooms E geo via Botticelli, 24
- Rooms D geo via Botticelli, 25
- Rooms C geo via Botticelli, 26
- Rooms B geo via Botticelli, 27
- Rooms from 100 to 405 Via Celoria 26
- Rooms from G1 to G40 Via Golgi, 19
Department of Earth Sciences "Ardito Desio"
Via Luigi Mangiagalli 34 - 20133 Milano
- Struttura di Mineralogia, Petrografia, Geochimica e Giacimenti minerari
Via Botticelli 23 - 20133 Milano
- Struttura di Geofisica
Via Cicognara 7 - 20129 Milano
- Sezione di Geologia e Paleontologia
via Mangiagalli 34 - 20133 Milano