Candidates must have a scientific Bachelor's degree consistent with the study plan of the class-40 MDP, or an equivalent qualification obtained abroad.
They must have a good basic knowledge of mathematics, physics and computer science. As a guideline, we have prepared a list of contents required for enrolment in the Master's degree programme in Mathematics. This list is available on the website: http://files.ccdmat.unimi.it/modulo/formati/formati012171.rtf
To be admitted to the Master's degree programme in Mathematics, you will have to pre-apply from 10 March to 28 August 2020.
If you graduated from the Bachelor's degree programme in Mathematics of the University of Milan with at least 100/110, you will be exempted from the assessment of knowledge and curricular requirements.
Applications will be reviewed by a special Commission of the Mathematics Academic Board, which will meet at least twice a year. As a rule, applicants will have an interview with the Commission (an ID will be required).
June 18, 2020, 11.30 am, Mathematics Department, Board Room
October 6, 2020, 11.30 am, Mathematics Department, Board Room
November 12, 2020, 1.30 pm, Mathematics Department, Board Room
February 9, 2021, 11.30 am, Mathematics Department, Board Room
The Commission may decide:
a) to admit the applicant without any restrictions;
b) to admit the applicant with the requirement to include certain courses (possibly from a Bachelor's degree programme) in his/her study plan. Any requirements are included in the 120 CFU provided for by the programme and do not constitute an additional requirement for the applicant;
c) not to admit the applicant.
The programs ALGANT, Master in Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory, and ECMI, Master in Industrial Mathematics, programs are unique in Europe for pure and industrial mathematics.
These programs are supported by international university consortia and are targeted to the conferment of academic value recognized abroad (that is double degrees) and to the promotion of European higher education. For more information see the institutional web pages
Moreover, in the Erasmus program, we have exchange agreements with universities Austria, Britain, Czech Blind, Denmark , Finland, France, Germany, Holland , Norway, Polonia, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
See the website http://users.unimi.it/erasmusmat/ for information collected on the various programs of internationalization and the activities carried out abroad.
Highly recommended, not mandatory
- Docente responsabile ALGANT
- Docente responsabile Piano Lauree Scientifiche
- Docente responsabile ECMI
- secretariat of the course of study
via Cesare Saldini 50
- Commissione Socrates-Erasmus
GAETA Giuseppe (Presidente), CIRAOLO Giulio, GORI Anna, MATESSI Diego, SCACCHI Simone
- Commissione Trasferimenti e Riconoscimento Titoli Esteri
BIANCHI Mariagrazia (Presidente), ZAMPIERI Elena
- Commissione Orientamento e Stage
TORTORA Alfonso (Presidente), MAGGIS Marco, MASTROLIA Paolo, MICHELETTI Alessandra, NALDI Giovanni,PENATI Tiziano
- Commissione Orario
ZAMPIERI Elena (Presidente), MORALE Daniela
- Commissione Ammissione alla Laurea Magistrale
VIGNATI Marco (Presidente), ALZATI Alberto, BIANCHI Mariagrazia, SCACCHI Simone
- Docenti responsabili Pagine Web e Sito Internet
PALEARI Simone, TURRINI Cristina
- Segreteria studenti
- Segreteria studenti
SEDI E ORARI
- Commissione Piani di studio laurea Magistrale
COLOMBO Elisabetta (Presidente), FUHRMAN Marco, PALEARI Simone, PAYNE Kevin
- Commissione Altre Attività e Conferimento Crediti
SCACCHI Simone (Presidente), MOLTENI Giuseppe, TORTORA Alfonso
- Commissione Organizzazione Lauree Magistrali
CALANCHI Marta (Presidente), BERTOLINI Marina, LOVADINA Carlo
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment