Paediatric Health Nurses are professional healthcare figures responsible for the provision of paediatric nursing assistance of a technical, relational and educational nature to infants and children, covering preventive, curative, palliative and rehabilitative concerns.
The course leads to qualified professional status and enables graduates to practice in public or private healthcare facilities both in the community and through domiciliary care, in a freelance or employed capacity. Graduates can also enter further education programmes such as the Nursing and Midwifery Sciences master’s degree and other training programmes, without additional learning obligations.
Their primary duties relate to the prevention of disease, care for the sick and disabled persons during infancy and childhood, and health education. In particular, they:
- assist in identifying the physical and psychic needs of new-born babies, children, adolescents, and their families;
- identify paediatric nursing care requirements and establish the related objectives;
- plan, conduct and assess paediatric nursing care;
- assist in health education initiatives in the family and community;
- assist in the care of healthy individuals during infancy and adolescence as part of programmes relating to health promotion and the prevention of accidents and disease;
- assist in outpatient, home and hospital care for new-born babies and minors under the age of 18 suffering from acute and chronic diseases;
- assist in the care of adolescents as part of preventive, health and welfare programmes;
- ensure that diagnostic and curative prescriptions are correctly applied;
- act both individually and in collaboration with other healthcare and social workers, calling upon the services of support staff where necessary.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment