The degree programme in Professional Education equips students with the competences required to:
- programme, manage and assess educational initiatives geared at promoting the health and abilities of individuals with difficulties, to enable them to achieve higher levels of autonomy;
- assist in the promotion and organisation of social and healthcare centres and resources in order to create integrated educational projects;
- plan, organise, manage and assess their own professional work within healthcare services and social, health and rehabilitation and socio-educational facilities, in a coordinated and integrated manner together with other professional figures in these facilities, with the involvement of the individuals in question and/or their families, groups, communities;
- work with families and social contexts so as to foster processes of social integration;
- promote and manage entertainment activities;
- partake in study, research and documentary activities pertaining to these goals.
Professional Education graduates formulate and carry out educational projects aimed at promoting balanced character development and the recovery and social reintegration of individuals with psychophysical impairments in positions of risk and social marginalisation. They work with children, young people, adults and the elderly to prevent and deal with situations of social difficulty and unease caused by disability, deviancy, poverty, marginalisation, and mental disorders.
Social workers provide public or private healthcare, social welfare and socio-educational services in the community and in residential or semi-residential centres, in a freelance or employed capacity. These services can be provided either through clinics (Ser.T., psychosocial centres or mental health centres, initial reception centres), day centres (social and educational centres, rehabilitation day hospital admissions, integrated day centres, youth centres, psychiatric day centres, etc.), or residential centres (rehabilitation centres, welfare health residences, psychiatric communities, communities for persons with disabilities, etc.).
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
The Degree Programme in Professional Education of the University of Milan has long embraced internationalization.
We have signed a bilateral agreement with the prestigious La Salle University in Madrid under the Erasmus+ Programme, allowing students to attend courses, carry out training activities, and take exams in a different context. This experience could also be useful for thesis work.
The Erasmus project was born in 1987 to ensure that European students could carry out the same educational and clinical activities in another European university, thus developing their scientific and relational skills within different cultures and teaching systems.
Third-year students in Professional Education can spend 6 months abroad under the Erasmus+ programme with a grant.
Training activities must be approved by the campus scientific coordinators and by the President of the Degree Programme.
All proposed activities (to be agreed with the foreign university through a learning agreement) are compatible with the study plan envisaged by the Degree Programme. You can contact the Erasmus manager for Bachelor's degree programmes in health professions for guidance in choosing courses and internships that allow you to earn the required credits.
The grades obtained in other European countries will be converted through the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) table. The grades will then be stated out of 30 according to a table approved by all the degree programmes in Medicine of the University of Milan, and recorded in your curriculum. A 6-month study period abroad under the Erasmus+ programme will award you 30 ECTS (CFU) credits.
Tali Enti, con cui la Facoltà collabora per lo svolgimento delle attività del Corso di Laurea:
- assicurano una stretta relazione con il mondo del lavoro attraverso l'estesa rete di rapporti con enti e servizi di tirocinio, la collaborazione di professionisti come docenti, l'intervento di esperti;
- prestano costante attenzione al rapporto tra formazione professionale e formazione personale dell'allievo, anche mettendo a disposizione servizi di tutorato e orientamento lungo tutto il percorso formativo;
- offrono un proficuo rapporto numerico tra allievi e docenti. In particolare, la guida al tirocinio, i contributi metodologici, i seminari e i laboratori consentono apprendimento e rielaborazione in piccoli gruppi;
- mettono a disposizione aule specializzate, biblioteche specialistiche, servizi di documentazione, settori formazione permanente, consulenza, ricerca.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment