Graduating in International Medical School
To be awarded a bachelor's or master's degree are provided three sessions per year:
- Summer session
- Autumn session
- Winter session
In the Deadlines and calendars paragraph are available the dates for each session and all necessary steps to sustain the final exam.
Students who graduate by the third session of academic year need not pay the first instalment for next academic year.
To be admitted to the final exam, students must apply online for graduation, respecting session deadlines.
The Graduation fee amounts to 116 Euros (including a 16 Euro revenue stamp) to be paid through one of the following procedures:
- by credit card during the online enrolment procedure
- in a bank or at the Post Office using the MAV (notice of payment) form printed at the end of the online enrolment procedure, accessible through Unimia (online services, Registrar services, payments) by the deadline indicated on the form, or the candidate will not be allowed to sit the exam.
Students must fill in the graduand questionnaire by the deadlines established for each exam session or they will not be allowed to sit the exam, as established by the Academic Senate (resolution of 16 September 2008).
The survey may be accessed only once the application for graduation has been submitted.
Each application is valid for a single exam session.
Students who forfeit an exam must promptly notify the Registrar through the Informastudenti Service. Students must submit another application through the online procedure, indicating the newly chosen exam session.
Once paid, the graduation fee is valid for the new session also. Postponements are not allowed.
To be admitted to the final exam, students must do the following:
- upload a digital copy of the thesis in PDF/A format by accessing - from UNIMIA -> SIFA Online Services -> Administrative services -> graduation application -> Thesis upload. You cannot apply for graduation without uploading the thesis within the deadline.
- Create a PDF/A file of your thesis starting from a Word or LibreOffice document (follow instructions on the video tutorial).
- Deliver one paper copy of your thesis following the instruction of your course programme.
You must prepare your dissertation presentation using the Microsoft Office 2010 Powerpoint application or later versions.
Please note that the following software programmes are installed on the classroom PC:
- 64-bit Windows 7
- 64-bit Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- QuickTime 7
- 32-bit LibreOffice (Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Presentations)
- 64-bit Acrobat Reader 11.
The films supported by MS Office 2010 within PowerPoint presentations or Word documents must be exclusively in WMV format.
The University logistics centre for education (Caslod) will only provide PC technical support, and will not assist students with their dissertation files.
Presentations may be prepared, tested and viewed at the Bronxlab computer lab, in the basement of the building on via Festa del Perdono 3, open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 7.00pm. To log in, please use your university email credentials: <name.surname>@studenti.unimi.it
Summer session (first session - single round) - a.y. 2019/2020
- Final exams: from 29 June to 3 July 2020
- Online application for graduation: from 4 May to 22 May 2020
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 4 June 2020
- Deadline for completing exams: 19 June 2020
- Online thesis submission: within 22 June 2020
- On the day of the final exam, students must deliver 1 signed copy of their final work to the Committee.
Autumn session (second session - single round) - a.y. 2019/2020
- Final exams: from 7 to 9-10-2020
- Online application for graduation: from 3-08-2020 to 11-09-2020
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 11-09-2020
- Deadline for completing exams: 18-09-2020
- Online thesis submission: within 6-10-2020
Winter session (third session - single round) - a.y. 2019/2020
- Final exams: from 9-03-2021 to 11-03-2021
- Online application for graduation: from 4-12-2020 to 22-01-2021
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 22-01-2021
- Deadline for completing exams: 19-02-2021
- Online thesis submission: within 03-03-2021