Internal transfer – Bachelor’s and single-cycle degree programmes
Current degree students of the University of Milan may transfer to a different degree programme by submitting an online application, provided that:
- they have renewed their enrolment on their current degree programme. The transfer application can only be submitted after the enrolment renewal has been uploaded in the database
- they are up to date with payment of the fees for previous years
- they pass the admission exam, if they choose to transfer to a degree programme with limited enrolment but do not meet the requirements for exemption from the exam as indicated in the call for admission.
- undergo the non-selective, compulsory, initial preparation exam, if they choose to transfer to a degree programme with open admission but do not meet the requirements for exemption from the exam as indicated in the call for admission.
The transfer application must be submitted online through Unimia, servizi SIFA > servizi Servizi di segreteria > Trasferimenti > Domanda di trasferimento interno.
Costs and how to pay
The € 91 fee (which includes a € 16 euro revenue stamp) has to be paid through the PagoPA system.
How the transfer is notified to the student
The Student Desk of the intended degree sends the decision taken by the relevant academic body specifying which course year the student has been admitted onto and any recognition of exams taken in their previous studies, to the student’s University email address.
It takes 24 hours from the notification by the Student Administration Office for the student’s academic career to date to be updated on Unimia.
Handing in the Student Record Book
This applies only to Humanities and Law students who enrolled prior to the 2012/2013 academic year. These students must put their student record book inside a closed envelope labelled “Internal transfer application”, indicating also their matriculation number, first name, surname and degree programme, and place it inside in the appropriate container located in the reception area of the Student Desk in Via Santa Sofia 9/1.
Internal transfer between the degree programmes in Medicine, Dental Medicine, Health Professions is possible through the same procedure as for transfers from another University, according to the Regulations for examining transfer applications to degree programmes of the Faculty of Medicine.
Students applying for transfer credits must complete the form noting the exams to be recognized. The application, to be submitted through the Informastudenti platform, must attach a self-certification of the student's previous career (even if uploaded when applying for admission) and the syllabi for exams taken. Hard-copy documents shall not be accepted.
The deadline for submitting applications is set at ten days after enrollment. The request can be submitted once and cannot be amended or supplemented later.
For the Degree programmes in Medicine and Dental Medicine, the change of teaching centre is equivalent to an internal transfer.
The procedure for transferring to a different teaching centre is the same as for transfers from another University, in accordance with the Regulations for the review of transfer applications to the degree programmes of the Faculty of Medicine.
The procedure for internal transfers between Health Professions degree programmes is the same as for transfers from another University, in accordance with the Regulations for the review of transfer applications to the degree programmes of the Faculty of Medicine.
Students applying for transfer credits must complete the form noting the exams to be recognized. The application, to be submitted through the InformaStudenti platform, must attach a self-certification of the student's previous academic career (even if uploaded when applying for admission), and the syllabi for exams taken. Hard-copy documents shall not be accepted.
The application deadline is 30 October 2020. The request can be submitted once and cannot be amended or supplemented later.
Students enrolled in the Health Professions degree programmes of the University of Milan who only wish to transfer to a different teaching hospital, must submit a documented application, specifying the reasons for their request.
The application must be submitted from 15 July to 28 August 2020, by authenticating and sending the documentation through the Informastudenti service.
For the degree programme in Nursing:
- applications from first-year students or first-year repeating students will not be granted
- only applications due to serious personal or family problems, as duly documented, will be considered.
Students who sat the entrance test and ranked high enough to be admitted must apply for internal transfer through the online procedure, also available on Unimia - SIFA Services
Students of the University of Milan who meet the requirements for entrance test waivers must apply for internal transfer to the following degree programmes:
- Herbal Sciences and Technologies
- Chemical Safety and Toxicological Environmental Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology
- Agricultural technology for the environment
- Management of cultivated plants and landscaping
- Agricultural sciences and technologies
- Food sciences and technologies
- Food service science and management
- Conservation and sustainable development of mountain areas
- Viticulture and Enology
by sending a request through the Informastudenti service and specifying the degree programme for which internal transfer is sought.
Students enrolled at the University of Milan who wish to transfer from the Biotechnology to Medical Biotechnology degree programme must submit an application through the Informastudenti service. Make sure you fill in and attach the ad-hoc application form. Any applications submitted through other channels will not be taken into consideration.
Those who apply for admission to years subsequent to the first must have earned at least 20 credits (CFU) in their previous career on subjects similar to those covered by first- year courses of the degree programme in Medical Biotechnology.
Their previous career must anyhow be approved by the Academic Board, which is also responsible for validating any additional credits already earned, as long as they are consistent with second-year courses of the Medical Biotechnology programme.
Students who are enrolled at the University of Milan and who meet the requirements for exemption from the exam indicated in the calls for admission can apply for an internal transfer to degree programmes in:
- Computer Science
- Music Information Science
- Computer Science for New Media Communications
- Computer Systems and Networks Security (also to the online programme)
- Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry
- Environmental Science and Policy
- Natural Sciences.
The application can only be submitted following approval of the student’s intended degree programme by the Academic Board. The Academic Board evaluates the student’s possession of the requirements, after which the form must be submitted using the appropriate form which can be requested through the InformaStudenti service, selecting Science and Technology.
The application must be printed and delivered to the Science and Technology Administration Office.