The University provides the Eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT) for automatic configuration of mobile devices.
To download the CAT:
- connect to cat.eduroam.org on the unimi-wifi network;
- click on Eduroam user to download the installation software;
- choose Università degli Studi di Milano as your organisation:
- once the CAT is installed, enter your full University credentials, with the domain name @unimi.it, @studenti.unimi.it or @wifi.unimi.it.
If your device does not provide an automatic configuration script, you will have to set the parameters shown in the Wifi FAQs section
The Eduroam network provides secure access through user credentials and a digital server certificate, with AES encryption. For security reasons, please enable IMAPs, SMTPs and POPs encryption when configuring your e-mail client.
Users who successfully authenticate to the Eduroam service will get a public IP address. Eduroam policies vary depending on the user category.
Please find below the ports and protocols for all users:
- HTTP: TCP/80 outgoing.
- HTTPS: TCP/443 outgoing.
- IMAP4: TCP/143 outgoing.
- IMAP3: TCP/220 outgoing.
- IMAPS: TCP/993 outgoing.
- POP3: TCP/110 outgoing.
- POP3S: TCP/995 outgoing.
- Passive (S)FTP: TCP/21 outgoing.
- SMTPS: TCP/465 outgoing.
- SMTP submission via STARTTLS: TCP/587 outgoing.
- RDP: TCP/3389 outgoing.
- SSH: TCP/22 outgoing.
- IPSec VPN standards: IP 50 (ESP) and 51 (AH) incoming and outgoing protocols; UDP/500 (IKE) outgoing.
- OpenVPN 2.0:UDP/1194.
- IPv6 Tunnel Broker service: IP 41 incoming and outgoing protocol.
- IPsec NAT-Traversal: UDP/4500.
- Cisco IPSec VPN over TCP: TCP/10000 outgoing.
- PPTP VPN: IP 47 (GRE) incoming and outgoing protocol; TCP/1723 outgoing.